Burke & OBrien, P.C.
Daniel E. O’Brien
Daniel E. O’Brien focuses his practice on numerous areas of personal injury, including auto and truck accidents, premises liability (slip and falls), wrongful death, construction negligence, medical malpractice, retaliatory discharge and product liability, among other areas. Prior to forming Burke & O’Brien, Dan spent many years working for insurance companies in defending personal injury lawsuits.
Based on these years of experience, Dan understands how insurance companies think when analyzing and assessing personal injury claims. In his many years of working for insurance companies, Dan has developed a keen understanding as to how to get the most out of insurance companies when representing the interests of injured individuals. Since his graduation from law school in 1989, Dan has always been involved in handling personal injury litigation, either for the defense or the plaintiff.
Recent Trials and Settlements for Dan O'Brien include:
- $1.325 million verdict on behalf of City of Chicago employee wrongfully terminated after complaining of city corruption
- $340,000 settlement on behalf of man who suffered a herniated disk in his lower back during an automobile collision
- $300,000 settlement on behalf of the family of an 86-year old woman who fractured her neck after falling out of her hospital bed
- $200,000 settlement for a carpenter at McCormick Place for a cervical compression fracture and knee injury after falling 12 feet at a trade show.
- $135,000 settlement for a Board of Trade broker who injured his jaw when he was struck in the face at work
- $120,000 settlement for a bricklayer who suffered a herniated disc in his neck on a construction site
- $95,000 settlement for man who sustained ankle fracture after collision caused by police recklessly chasing another car
- Successful verdict for double what the insurance company offered for a man who suffered a herniated cervical disc in an automobile accident
- Successful verdict for a couple involved in an automobile accident after the insurance company refused to settle
Admitted to Bar, 1989, Illinois and U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Education: Bachelor of Arts - Economics 1986, University of Illinois Juris Doctor 1989, University of Illinois
Professional Affiliations: Member of the Kane County Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, and Illinois State Bar Association; Certified Illinois Arbitrator
Social Affiliations: Member of the Chick Evans Scholars Alumni Association, Illinois Special Olympics Volunteer.
Please Call: 312-279-1173
Illinois Trial and Personal Injury Attorneys
Burke & O’Brien has successfully represented clients injured due to automobile and truck accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, construction liability, work injuries, and defective products/products liability. We use our litigation and trial experience to obtain substantial awards for our clients who are seriously injured due to the negligence of others, including automobile drivers, doctors and hospitals, municipalities, corporations, and property owners. We have successfully recovered millions in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Our primary goal and purpose is to help our clients who have been wronged or injured. We understand the difficulty in dealing with personal and family tragedies. As trial attorneys, we know how to prove liability and highlight the difficulties and trauma encountered by our clients. Close and courteous personal service should be expected by you. We provide it. We will take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and explain the strategies to best serve your interests. With this approach, our clients can make informed and effective decisions on their cases. We work with you to obtain the best possible results on your cases.
Sean C. Burke and Daniel E. O’Brien each have seventeen years of experience and a highly respected reputation handling numerous aspects of litigation, including numerous settlements, jury trials, arbitration hearings, mediation, and alternate dispute resolution. We have handled many significant and high profile matters with great success. We will help you through the confusing legal process, but you will always be intimately involved with your case. We represent numerous individuals who have been injured throughout the Chicago Metropolitan Area, including Cook County, Kane County, DuPage County, Lake County, Will County, McHenry County, Kendall County, and DeKalb County. With our offices in Chicago and Geneva, we are perfectly situated to cover all of these areas. With our many years of service and experience, we are prepared to best serve you.
Please Call: 312-279-1173