Orzoff Law Offices
Please Call : 847-564-0285
Providing Personalized, Caring Service in Worker's Compensation & Personal Injury Law
Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation Lawyers
Serving Injured People in Chicago and Northbrook, Illinois
Since 1966, the Orzoff Law Offices has been fighting to protect the rights and interests of injured people in the greater Chicago area. When you need experienced legal help, call 847-564-0285 or e-mail our Northbrook law office.
Why Choose the Orzoff Law Offices?
- We are the lawyers other lawyers choose when they have a client, friend or family member who needs a fair financial settlement after a work-related injury or motor vehicle accident. More than 50 percent of our cases are referred to us by other attorneys who recognize our innovative strategies, meticulous preparation and passionate commitment to our clients.
- We are shrewd bargainers at the negotiating table and aggressive trial lawyers in the courtroom. We are always prepared to go to trial when that is necessary to ensure the best recovery for our client. Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for injured people throughout the Chicago area.
- We are a hands-on law firm. We give a personal, hands-on attention to every individual client. Our Chicago workers' compensation and personal injury lawyers will guide you through the whole process, speak to you constantly about your case, and keep you informed of all developments.
Our law practice is focused exclusively on personal injury and workers’ compensation cases. In workers' comp cases, we closely monitor our clients' medical treatments and work status to make sure that they are receiving proper medical treatment and their temporary total disability benefits.
No Attorney Fees Without Financial Recovery
In personal injury and wrongful death cases (such as car accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, slip and fall cases, etc.) we represent clients on a contingency fee basis. This means that you pay us no fees until your case is successfully resolved. In workers' compensation cases, our fees are regulated by state law and amount to 20 percent of the amount recovered for you.
Stewart C. Orzoff is the founder and senior member of the Orzoff Law Offices. He has been a licensed practicing attorney in the State of Illinois for the past 43 years. He represents both injured workers who have claims under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act and individuals who have personal injury claims.
Mr. Orzoff is an experienced litigator and counselor. His expertise, particularly in the field of workers' compensation, is widely recognized by his peers as over 50% of his cases are referred to him by other attorneys who are not familiar with the intricacies of successfully representing a client in a workers' compensation claim. Among his attorney peers he is considered to be a lawyer's lawyer. Over the years he has trained many young men and women who worked for him as law clerks and have gone on to become successful lawyers and judges.
Throughout his legal career Mr. Orzoff has successfully represented injured workers from the entire spectrum of the work force. He has represented office workers, laborers, factory workers, tradesmen, airline employees, truck drivers, package & delivery drivers, public transportation employees, government employees, management personnel and many other types of employees from all aspects of industry in the State of Illinois. He has vast trial experience at the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission and in the Circuit Courts of Cook County and the surrounding counties as well as the Illinois Appellate Court. He is well known for his ability to successfully settle difficult cases due to his organizational skills and extremely high level of case preparation.
Mr. Orzoff takes pride in the personal service that he offers to all clients. At the initial meeting, he offers the client a complete explanation of their legal rights and he proposes a case plan which is designed to eventually bring the case to a successful conclusion.
Mr. Orzoff was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1943 and has lived in the Chicagoland area all of his life. He graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from the DePaul University College of Law in February of 1966. In May of 1966 the Supreme Court of the State of Illinois licensed him to practice as an Attorney and Counselor of Law before all of the courts in the state. At that time he was also licensed to practice before the United States District Courts for both the Northern and Southern Districts of the State of Illinois.
He began his legal career as a trial attorney for a large national insurance company and, at that time, he also began to plant the seeds for what is now the well-recognized Orzoff Law Offices. The impressive growth of his firm can be attributed to a network of referrals from satisfied clients and other attorneys.
He is a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association, the Illinois Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association and the Illinois State Bar Association. In 1999 he was admitted to practice as an Attorney and Counselor of Law before the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
- Areas of Practice:
- 75% Workers' Compensation
- 25% Personal Injury
- Litigation Percentage:
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Mandatory Arbitration Program - Certified Arbitrator, Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
- Bar Admissions:
- Illinois, 1966
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1966
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1966
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1966
- Roosevelt University, Chicago, Illinois
- Representative Cases:
- James Chrisos v. Hockersmith Transportation Services Co., 326 Ill.App.3d 1141 (Appellate Court of Illinois 2001)
- Frank Leschkies, as Administrator of the Estate of Siegfried Leschkies, Deceased, v. Playboy Club of Lake Geneva, Inc., a Delaware Corporation, 465 F.Supp.80 (United States District Court, N.D. Illinois, Eastern Division 1979)
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Gastro-Intestinal Research Foundation - University of Chicago Hospital, 2002 - Present
- Board of Directors
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Nu Beta Epsilon
Please Call : 847-564-0285