Slappey & Sadd, LLC
Slappey & Sadd, LLC is an Atlanta based personal injury law firm that successfully handles Wrongful Death and Personal Injury Cases resulting in severe injuries that may permanently impact your quality of life, income, or long-term health. Slappey & Sadd, LLC is an experienced, high quality law firm. Our practice is not volume based. We carefully decide which cases to pursue, so we can focus on helping the people who have suffered the most serious harm as a result of clear cases of negligence. To the cases we pursue, we commit the full financial, legal, and emotional resources of our firm. call 404-255-6677 for an evaluation at no charge.
Scott Slappey and Jay Sadd are partners in a law firm that marshals the skills and resources of experienced lawyers to protect the interests of individuals and families in the event of serious personal injury or wrongful death due to negligence. We only handle cases involving serious or catastrophic injury caused by legal negligence. We fight for full and fair justice for all of our clients, many of whom have become our best friends. We are humbled by the fact that nearly all of our cases are referred to us by our clients and other attorneys.
We take great care in selecting our cases. We consider any frivolous lawsuit or frivolous defense as a serious affront to the judicial system. Consequently, although we are honored to review hundreds of cases a year, we only accept the few that we know in our hearts and minds are valid and demand justice. By limiting the number of cases we take, we are able to handle each case with personal attention and professional experience we have gained over the years. The cases are handled directly by the lawyer you meet. Not by paralegals and assistants, although we employ an excellent and indispensable staff to assist us in our success.
James (Jay) Sadd
James (Jay) Sadd is a lawyer and partner of the firm Slappey & Sadd, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia. With his law partner, Scott Slappey, Jay formed Slappey & Sadd, LLC in 1992 to represent families, workers, and consumers who have been critically injured or lost a loved one because of the negligence or willful conduct of others. Slappey & Sadd, LLC represent people who have been seriously injured or disabled by car accidents, defective products, defective premises, and other acts of negligence.
- Jay was lead counsel for 37 injured victims of the 1996 Centennial Olympic Park bombing.
- Has successfully represented many other victims and families who have been mistreated by insurance companies, suffered catastrophic injuries or wrongful death.
- Jay is a frequent speaker, presenting on topics such as jury selection, insurance coverage, bad faith insurance practices, catastrophic injury, wrongful death, trucking litigation, and punitive damages.
- He has appeared as a guest and has been quoted by several national media sources, including NBC's Today Show, CNN World News, CBS television, ABC television, The New York Times, USA Today, The Atlanta Journal and Constitution, and The National Law Journal.
- Former editor of Calendar Call, the official publication of the General Practice and Trial Section of the Georgia State Bar.
- Jay has also served as Chairman of the Legal Education Committee for the Young Lawyers Section of the Georgia Bar.
- Board member of Initiative 2000, which commemorated the 10th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Member of the Communications and Outreach Committee of The Public Justice Foundation.
- Chairperson of the Education Committee for the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Jay has served as Vice-Chairman of the Board of Director for the American Association of Adapted Sports Programs, Inc., and as an instructor for the Trial Techniques Program, Emory University School of Law.
Jay practices in every court of Georgia, including the Georgia Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, and all Georgia Superior and State Courts. Jay is also admitted to the Federal Bar, and practices in the United States District Courts of Georgia, and the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. He is also licensed to practice in West Virginia, where he was born and raised. Jay represents his clients from the settlement negotiation stage to trial to the appeal of a case, if necessary.
In addition to membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is limited to trial lawyers who have achieved verdicts, awards or settlements in the amount of one million dollars or more, Jay has been lead counsel in cases in which his client has been awarded or recovered $10,250,000; $7,000,000; $5,600,000; $3,450,00; $2,600,000; $2,250,000; $2,100,000; $1,700,000; $1,600,000; $1,200,000; $1,000,000 and numerous other significant awards for compensation for losses suffered due to other's wrongdoing and/or negligence.
- Jay holds a Juris Doctorate from the Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, 1987.
- He is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta Bar Association, Atlanta Lawyers Club, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, West Virginia Bar Association, Sandy Springs Bar Association, and the DeKalb Bar Association.
- Jay was named one of Georgia 's Super Lawyer 2009, as published in Atlanta magazine and Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine, March 2009.
- Named by Georgia Trend Magazine as among Georgia's "Legal Elite" for 2009.
- He holds the highest rating possible (AV) by Martindale-Hubble, a nationally recognized lawyer directory. The AV rating recognizes "the highest level of skill and integrity" in the profession.
- Jay lives in Atlanta, with his wife Laura and 2 children.