Carey & Leisure
| Main Page Attorny Profile Practice Areas Auto Accidents
Carey & Leisure
Please Call : 214-440-3902
Prominent Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyers of Florida
Accident attorneys with a mission serving Clearwater, Tampa, Spring Hill, New Port Richey and the surrounding areas
For 26 years, the Clearwater personal injury lawyers of Carey & Leisure has dedicated itself to providing competent and aggressive representation for those who have suffered serious injury or death due to a negligent act. Our injury attorneys recognize that true leadership in this area requires ceaseless effort and uncompromising standards. We pledge ourselves to these professional goals on a daily basis.
Our law firm's history
Each Tampa accident attorney at our firm traces its roots back to March of 1984 when Tom Carey founded the predecessor of our current firm based in Clearwater, Florida. Tom had lost his wife, Joni, to a drunk driver one year earlier, and became an activist in the fight against drunk driving.
The firm grew rapidly and achieved the first multi-million dollar jury verdict in the history of Pinellas County. Since that time, the firm has been a leader in jury verdicts, legislative efforts, and charitable endeavors, in the fight against drunk driving as well as other personal injury matters. The firm has set and broken the jury verdict record multiple times in Pinellas County.
Partners Tom Carey and Jodi Leisure have taught other lawyers both as instructors at Stetson Law School and as lecturers for the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers. At this point in time, the Clearwater personal injury law firm has represented over 15,000 injured victims in West Florida, and we are celebrating our 26th year of leadership.
Competent and aggressive personal injury attorneys fighting for those suffering serious injuries
The Clearwater personal injury attorneys at Carey & Leisure fight to win the best possible results for clients both in and out of the courtroom in the following types of cases:
Successfully serving victims of negligence in Western Florida
The Clearwater injury lawyers of Carey & Leisure represent clients throughout Western Florida, including the cities of Clearwater, Tampa, Saint Petersburg, New Port Richey, Lutz, Land O'Lakes, and Spring Hill.
Clearwater, Florida personal injury advocates
If you or a loved has been injured or killed by the negligence of another, contact Carey & Leisure to arrange a free consultation and case evaluation.
Thomas W. Carey—Senior Partner
Thomas W. Carey is the founding partner of the Clearwater firm of Carey & Leisure. Following the tragic loss of his wife, Joni, to a drunk driver, Mr. Carey served as the State Chairman for Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) in 1986 and was the Pinellas County President from 1984 to 1985. He continues to be actively involved in the organization and was co-founder of Remove Intoxicated Drivers (RID) in the Tampa Bay area.
Mr. Carey has been an adjunct professor of Trial Practice at Stetson University College of Law and has lectured on funeral home and cemetery malpractice, the Dram Shop Act, and other topics. Mr. Carey has litigated complex liability and medical issues in courts throughout West Florida and has been lead counsel in a large number of cases involving victims of drunk driving.
Areas of practice
Admitted to practice
- Rhode Island, 1977
- Massachusetts, 1977
- Florida, 1978
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1981
- New York University Law School, LL.M. in Taxation, 1979
- Suffolk University, J.D., cum laude, 1978
- Georgetown University, A.B., 1972
- Clearwater, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts Bar Associations
- The Florida Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Elected, Florida State Delegate
- Litigation Chair, Funeral Services and Cemetery Malpractice
- Florida Justice Association
- Member, Board of Directors, 1987–1997
- Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association
- Born in Newport, Rhode Island on August 16, 1950
- Graduate Law Fellowship, New York University
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Trial Practice, Stetson University College of Law, 1987
- Author: Florida Personal Injury Practice Forms, West Publishing, 1994
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- State Chairman, 1985–1986
- President, Pinellas County Chapter, 1984–1985
- Member, Board of Directors, Pinellas/Pasco Boy Scouts of America, 1992–1994
- Founding Member, Remove Intoxicated Drivers (RID), Tampa Bay area
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Awarded Distinguished Service Award from Stetson University College of Law – June 2010
Please Call : 214-440-3902
Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyer
Main Page Attorny Profile Practice Areas Auto Accidents
| Cities served:
Select a city