Mr. Janssen was born in Royal Oak, Michigan, in 1946. He grew up in Pinellas County, Florida, and graduated from Dixie Hollins High School. He attended university on an athletic scholarship and graduated from Florida State University in 1970. Mr. Janssen obtained his law degree from Widener University in Wilmington, Delaware. Before moving back to Florida, Dennis worked in the Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Narcotics & Dangerous Drugs in Washington D.C. He is also a past Assistant Attorney General for the State of Delaware.
Mr. Janssen returned to Florida to become a partner in a Pinellas County law firm that represented large automobile insurance companies. During this period of employment, Dennis learned insurance defense methods and how these companies took advantage of injured people, which cut against his belief system.
When Dennis left the insurance defense world, he vowed that he would be an advocate for his individual clients' rights and he would no longer allow an insurance company to take advantage of an injured party. Because of this desire, Dennis has concentrated his practice on complex civil litigation including medical malpractice, automobile accidents, nursing home abuse, premises and product liability. Since 1988, Dennis has not and will not represent an insurance company.
Dennis has first-hand knowledge of the pain, suffering and disability that accompanies a personal injury. On Thanksgiving Day, 2000, Dennis was involved in a catastrophic motorcycle accident that caused him near to fatal injuries. In the blink of an eye, Dennis' life changed forever. Because of this experience, Dennis has a place in his heart for victims of motorcycle and automobile accidents. Dennis says that this "catastrophic event put him in the place of many of his clients, which has allowed him to truly understand their injuries and fight for their rights."
Education: Florida State University, 1970
Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware, 1975
Bar Admissions/Affiliations: Member - Florida Bar Association
Member - American Bar Association
Member - Florida Justice Association (limited to those representing the injured)
Member - Lake County Bar Association
At Dennis M. Janssen & Associates, we pledge the following:
- We will treat our clients and their families with the utmost dignity and respect.
- We understand that clients have many choices when hiring a law firm and they are seeking legal representation because they are confronted with a great challenge. At this challenging time, the client does not need to worry about whether their lawyers are working on their case and doing their job; this is why we pledge to timely respond to a client's inquiry regarding their case and provide our clients with copies of all documents that they need to keep up with their case as it progresses.
- We will only accept those cases and work with clients that we believe in.
- We will prepare every case with the understanding that each client is unique.
- We have a high expectation for every case that we accept and meet those expectations by properly investigating the facts of the case early in the process.
- We believe that in order to obtain an excellent result for our client, we must prepare every case as if it is going to trial. This means that if we accept a client's case, we are in for a penny - in for a pound.
- We do not believe that it is fair to allow a client's case to drag on for long periods of time without resolution; this is why we pledge to work diligently to secure resolution in timely manner.
- Finally, we believe that successful results depend on an open and honest relationship with our clients. We require and expect our clients to provide us with all the facts (holding nothing back), and we will always provide our clients with a fair an honest assessment of the case.
Please Call : 352.326.4400