Reznicsek, Fraser, Hastings,
White & Shaffer, P.A.
Brett A. Hastings
Main Practice Areas
Additional Practice Areas
Complex Business Litigation; White-Collar Crime; Criminal Law; Professional Licensure Defense; Business Tort Litigation; Construction Litigation; Personal Injury; Wrongful Death
About Brett A. Hastings
Brett Hastings is a trial lawyer who has tried more than 200 bench trials and 20 jury trials, focusing his practice on complex business litigation, white-collar crime, criminal law, professional licensure defense, business tort litigation, construction litigation, personal injury, and wrongful death. Brett provides his clients efficient and cost-effective strategies for resolving business disputes, while working to keep them informed and involved as their cases progress.
Brett’s career began in the Jacksonville State Attorney’s Office as a felony prosecutor, where he was engaged in jury selection, the cross-examination of witnesses, depositions and presenting closing arguments. Prior to joining Reznicsek, Fraser, Hastings, White & Shaffer, P.A., he represented clients such as Daimler-Chrysler and Mercury Marine at the firm of Anderson, St. Denis & Glenn, P.A. While at the firm, Brett served as co-counsel in a commercial fraud and breach of contract jury trial that returned a $1.25 million verdict for his client.
- University of Florida, College of Law, J.D., Honors, 1998
- University of Florida, B.S. (Advertising), High Honors, 1994
- Member, Trial Competition Team
- Order of the Barristers, 1998
- Member, Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary, initiated 1998
- Admitted, Florida Bar, 1999
- Admitted, United States District Court for the Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- Member, Florida Justice Association, formerly known as Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Member, American Association of Justice, formerly known as Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- President, Jacksonville Beaches Gator Club, 2002 - 2005
- Member, Board of Directors, Jacksonville Beaches Gator Club
- Member, The Jacksonville Bar Association
- Member, Criminal Law Section of the Florida Bar
The Jacksonville law firm of Reznicsek, Fraser, Hastings, White & Shaffer, P.A. brings clients and their goals together through expert representation in a full range of business and personal legal matters. Learn more about rfhws
Vast Experience in Helping Businesses
With years of experience in the business sector and in Jacksonville’s largest law firms, our attorneys assist clients in every aspect of business law, from setting up or selling enterprises, to intellectual property and the issuance of non-registered limited offering securities.
Corporate and Business Law
Please Call: 904-567-1063
Learn more about a particular attorney:
View all Attorneys »»
Please Call: 904-567-1063