South Florida Personal Injury Law Firm
Gary Englander is an experienced trial attorney practicing in the areas of personal injury and wrongful death. He focuses his practice on assisting those who have suffered serious injuries due to the fault of others. Englander Law holds an AV® Preeminent Rating – the highest rating available from Martindale-Hubbell, the leading attorney rating entity.
What Sets Us Apart From Other South Florida Personal Injury Attorneys?
Englander Law is a South Florida personal injury firm dedicated to providing you with honest and competent representation. Your case will be handled directly by a trial attorney, not a paralegal. When you hire Englander Law, we will handle everything. All you have to do is get better. You will be given your attorney’s personal cell phone number. We welcome our clients to call us at any time (even nights and weekends) to discuss any questions that they might have. We will guide you step by step through the personal injury claim process. You will be provided with regular updates as to the status of your case and what you can expect. We offer a no obligation, free initial consultation. If you are unable to come to the office, we can meet you at your home or office. We only take cases on a contingency basis. You will never be responsible for attorneys’ fees or costs unless we recovery money for you.
When you or a loved one is injured in South Florida, a variety of questions and concerns will likely fill your mind quickly:
- How could this happen to me?
- Did I do something wrong to cause this?
- What about the other person – is he or she responsible for my injuries?
- What if I miss time from my job?
- How will I pay for my medical bills, treatment costs, and my regular expenses?
Personal injury victims and their families face feelings of uncertainty, confusion, and anger. While Florida Personal Injury Attorney Gary Englander cannot undo the damage caused by someone else’s careless actions, he can help you and your family obtain justice through an award of compensation.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents in South Florida
Personal Injury Attorney Gary Englander helps Floridians in Broward County, Palm Beach County, Miami County, and throughout the Sunshine State obtain justice for their injuries and expenses caused by:
How Do I Recover Damages for My Injuries?
In order to recover for an injury, your South Florida personal injury attorney will have to show that:
- The defendant owed the victim a duty of care. In general, every person owes every other person a duty to act in a reasonable manner so as to avoid injuring another person;
- The defendant breached that duty of care. One breaches the duty of care when he or she acts carelessly or in a manner that an objective and reasonable person would not have acted under the circumstances;
- The defendant’s actions caused you injuries. You must show that either the cause or a contributing factor of your injuries were the actions of the defendant; and
- The victim was injured. In other words, you must prove you suffered some injury which can be compensated by money.
Gary Englander is the founder of Englander Law. An experienced Florida trial attorney who concentrates his practice on personal injury and wrongful death cases, Gary is committed to providing exceptional legal services to individuals who have been injured in all types of serious accidents. He understands the challenges his clients are facing and is devoted to helping them obtain the relief they need to overcome their hardships and move forward with their lives.
When Gary takes a case he is prepared to follow it through to the very end. He is recognized as an aggressive advocate who knows what it takes to win difficult personal injury cases. Whether he is negotiating a settlement offer or trying a case before a judge or jury, Gary has the knowledge and experience that you can count on to maximize your recovery.
Working One-on-One With Personal Injury Victims
Clients take comfort in knowing that when they work with Englander Law they will be working directly with Mr. Englander. Gary treats his clients as members of his family, working one-on-one with them at all stages of the litigation process. He is a compassionate lawyer who takes the time to explain complex legal concepts and processes in a clear and straight-forward manner. In every case, Gary makes certain that his clients understand what is happening and provides the support and information they need to make the best decisions for themselves and their family members.
Extensive Litigation Experience
Gary’s experience litigating cases began even before he graduated from law school. As a Certified Legal Intern with the Office of the State Attorney, Gary gained invaluable courtroom experience preparing and trying jury and bench trials. After his graduation and prior to establishing Englander Law, Gary worked as litigator with Conrad & Scherer, LLP and Anidjar & Levine, P.A. During this time he developed a strong understanding of the litigation process, trying several jury trials and litigating serious personal injury, malpractice and other civil matters. These experiences paved Gary’s way to becoming a successful trial attorney and strong advocate for personal injury clients throughout the Fort Lauderdale, Miami and West Palm Beach regions.
Admitted to Practice:
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, J.D., summa cum laude
- International Citator and Research Guide, Executive and Managing Editor
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Broad Fellowship Recipient
- Nova Trial Association, Member
- Pro Bono Award, Gold Level (Completed 300+ Hours)
- Teaching Assistant: Torts, Fall 2008, Professor Douglas Donoho
- Highest Grade Awards: Torts, Evidence, Business Entities, Wills & Trusts,
- Constitutional Law II, and International Business Transactions
University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- B.A., Political Science
- Minors in Criminal Justice and Legal Studies
- Broward County Bar Association
- Broward County Justice Association
- Fort Lauderdale Evening Rotary Club, Past President
Honors & Awards
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, Up & Comers – 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating
| Cities served:
Select a city