The Cochran Firm Wisconsin
Please Call : 414-223-1050
For over 30 years, our experienced personal injury attorneys have worked aggressively and tirelessly to get our clients the compensation they deserve. As one of Wisconsinâ€™s most recognized personal injury law firms, we have focused on providing victims and their families the legal guidance and representation they need during difficult times.
The Cochran Firm Wisconsin provides services in several practices including:
The Cochran Firm Wisconsin is committed to getting you compensation quickly for such things as lost wages and medical bills so that you can move past your claim and return to your life.
We understand that when you or your loved one suffers a serious personal injury, or a family member is the victim of wrongful death, you need someone who cares about your needs. We are a personal injury law firm that takes a personal interest in you and your welfare from the day we take your case. You are not simply a number and we will not rush you through the process. Your understanding what is going on at every step is important to us, and you may reach us at any time for whatever you need.
Cochran Firm Wisconsin founding partner, Will Techmeier, is listed as a Wisconsin Super Lawyer as a top attorney in personal injury law by Wisconsin Super Lawyers®.
If you are in need of an experienced personal injury law firm that will aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve, please contact the Cochran Firm Wisconsin for an initial case consultation today.
Will Techmeier is the senior partner of The Cochran Firm Wisconsin. His practice areas include mass torts, class actions, pharmaceutical products and complex personal injury litigation. He is the winner of one of Wisconsin's largest cash recoveries in a single injury case, $25.2 million, and has been recognized for handling cases with competence, grace and care. He has won a number of million dollar + settlements and verdicts in complex tort cases as well as having negotiated the resolution of significant mass tort and class action cases.
AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Techmeier is certified as a civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Wisconsin, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. A member of the Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, he was its president in 1990 and is past chair of the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin. Named as one of Milwaukee's top personal injury lawyers by Milwaukee Magazine, he was also recently selected as a 2006 Wisconsin Super Lawyer. A graduate of St. Norbert College and Marquette University Law School, he is a frequent speaker on topics related to his areas of practice, most recently having spoken on the Class Action Fairness Act of 2005.
- Class Action/Mass Torts
- Personal Injury Plaintiff
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Wisconsin, 1970
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1970
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1970
Doctor of Jurisprudence
- St Norbert College, De Pere, Wisconsin, 1967
Bachelor of Arts
- Trial Tactics & Techniques That Really Work/Demonstrative Evidence/Courtroom Demonstrations, State Bar of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, April 1999
- Resensitizing the Desensitized 90's Juror, Law Education Institute, Inc., Vail, Colorado, January 1996
- Fine Tuning Jury Selection, Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, Past Presidents' Seminar, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, December 1993
- Effective Settlement Tools in the Catastrophic Injury Case, Law Education Institute, Inc., Vail, Colorado, January 1993
- Structured Settlements: Are They All They're Cracked Up To Be?, Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, December 1992
- Determining the Value of a Case/Hot Tips II: Settlement & Trial Techniques That Work!, State Bar of Wisconsin, Milwaukee/Madison, Wisconsin, November 1992
- Damages: Innovations in Evaluation, Settlement and Trial, Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, Egg Harbor, Wisconsin, July 1991
- Birth Injuries, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Rising Stars Seminar, New Orleans, Louisiana, May 1990
- Signs, Symptoms and Causation of Brain Injury in Infants, Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, December 1989
- Frequent Speaker, Professional Groups in his Areas of Practice
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers - Martindale-Hubbell
- AV Rating Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Named as one of "Milwaukee's Best Lawyers", Milwaukee Magazine
- Outstanding Public Education Project, 18th Annual Public Interest Awards, 1993 Center for Public Representation
- Fellow, Roscoe Pound Foundation
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, 1989 - 1990
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, 1988 - Present
- Chair, Trial by Jury Committee
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, 1986 - 1988
- Co-Editor, The Verdict
- American Association for Justice, 1991 - 1994
- Member, Board of Governors
- American Association for Justice, 1991 - Present
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar
- Wisconsin State Bar, Litigation Section
- Past Chairman
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Milwaukee Bar Association, 1991 - 1993
- Judicial Selection Committee
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Past President
- Techmeier, Sheedy & Associates, Partner, 1980 - 1986
- Patrick T. Sheedy & Associates, Associate, 1976 - 1980