Hampton, Gloucester and Williamsburg, Virginia Law Firm
Bilingual law firm serving the Hampton Roads metropolitan area
The Virginia law firm of Thomas L. Hunter, P.C. is dedicated to providing quality legal services. Our goal is to provide you with the most professional, economical and efficient legal service available. No matter the situation, our lawyers take action for our clients and work tirelessly for their success in these legal areas—
Personal injury—If you were injured in an accident due to another's negligence or carelessness, you may be entitled to payment of your medical bills, lost wages and compensation for your pain, suffering and inconvenience. You pay no attorney fee unless we obtain monetary compensation for you and your initial appointment is free.
Workers compensation—For injuries that occur on the job, we can assist you in obtaining the benefits you deserve. We can help obtain whatever the law allows for your lost wages, payment of medical bills and additional compensation for qualified permanent injuries.
Criminal defense—Poor decisions or simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time can result in criminal charges and possible incarceration. We handle all types of criminal cases, including minor infractions, misdemeanors and the most serious felony indictments, such as drug possession, narcotics sales, grand larceny, white-collar fraud, embezzlement, murder and sex offenses.
Traffic offenses—Our traffic-related representation ranges from minor infractions, such as speeding or improper equipment, to more serious charges such as reckless driving, DUI, driving as a habitual offender and driving on a suspended license.
Divorce and family law—When faced with legal disputes that arise between family members or domestic partners, a good lawyer can provide stability in a trying time. We represent clients in a wide range of family law matters in a compassionate manner, including divorce; military divorce, child custody, visitation and support; adoptions; paternity suits; prenuptial, postnuptial and separation agreements; protective orders; and name changes.
Real estate—Our CRESPA (Consumer Real Estate Settlement Protection Act) certified, bonded and insured attorneys provide representation for all aspects of real estate transactions, including closings, contracts, leases, options, document preparation and review for compliance with state and federal laws, title correction proceedings, and mortgage foreclosures. We also address landlord/tenant matters for both commercial and residential transactions.
General civil litigation—The firm’s general litigation department provides representation for a broad range of civil matters, including commercial and real estate litigation, landlord/tenant, creditors suits and construction litigation. We provide our clients with prompt reporting of case activity, realistic litigation budget plans and cost-effective control of discovery and trial expenses.
Business law—We represent business clients regarding a wide variety of business matters, from choosing and forming the proper entity to assisting in day-to-day matters. Our goal is to provide practical, efficient advice and services to help meet the needs of our clients, and to assist them in all aspects of complex corporate and transactional matters.
Wills, trusts and estates—Advanced planning can save your loved ones a great deal of anxiety and ensure that your desires are realized when you can no longer express them. We can assist you by drafting wills, preparing advance medical directives and powers of attorney to keep the process of settling your estate as simple and efficient as possible.
The attorneys of the Virginia law firm of Thomas L. Hunter, P.C. look forward to providing the legal services you need. Click on the names below to learn more about our attorneys—
- Thomas L. Hunter—personal injury, criminal defense, traffic offenses, divorce and family law, real estate and landlord/tenant matters
- Sara A. Lynch—criminal defense, traffic offenses, divorce and family law, wills, trusts and estates
- Robert G. Saunders—personal injury, workers compensation, criminal defense, traffic offenses and civil litigation
- John R. Pritchard, III—personal injury, criminal defense, traffic offenses, divorce and family law, real estate, landlord/tenant matters and civil litigation
- Amy M. P. VanFossen—criminal defense, traffic offenses, divorce and family law, real estate and landlord/tenant matters
- Mark A. Stallings—real estate, landlord/tenant matters, civil litigation and business law
- Larry W. Lockwood, Jr.—Railroad Worker Injuries (F.E.L.A. litigation), Personal injury, Automobile accidents, Trucking accidents, Boating accidents, Tractor-trailer accidents, Catastrophic accidents and injuries, Head and spinal cord injuries, Animal mauling, Asbestosis and toxic exposure injuries, Railroad collision, Workers compensation, Workplace injuries, Product liability, Premises liability, Civil litigation
To speak with a Thomas L. Hunter, P.C. lawyer about your legal matter, contact us online or call one of our three convenient offices—
- Williamsburg: 757-345-3900