Sutliff & Stout | Houston Personal Injury Attorney
Call : (713) 987-7111
Houston Personal Injury Lawyer
At Sutliff & Stout, the
Houston personal injury attorneys within our Firm believe that every individual, regardless of wealth or social standing, is entitled to the highest quality legal representation. We deliver this representation with compassion, personal attention and the utmost respect for each person or family’s unique situation.
Houston personal injury lawyers represent individuals and families in a wide array of serious personal injury claims in Houston and throughout the United States. We are committed to helping our clients restore both their financial and emotional health and well-being. The goal of a Houston personal injury lawyer to is to help bring justice to those who have been harmed by the wrongdoing of others. How do we help bring justice to you and your family? We give individuals and their families a voice in the legal system and we work tirelessly to ensure that each person or family receives all of the compensation that they are entitled to under the law. At Sutliff & Stout, we are proud to play a role in keeping the civil justice system strong by protecting the rights of individuals and families. Different areas require different areas of expertise. Some examples of the different practice areas of personal injury law include:
The personal injury lawyers within our firm are results driven and bring a strong combination of education, experience, and practical knowledge to the representation of our clients in Houston and throughout the United States. Prior to founding Sutliff & Stout, our personal injury attorneys worked for some of the most respected litigation firms in the United States and assisted some of the largest companies and insurance companies in the United States. Why is this important? This is important because we have a firm understanding of how these companies handled claims, the strategies they employ and how they evaluate a claim. This experience gives us—and therefore you—an edge in achieving the results you desire and the compensation you deserve.
We believe that the best way to help you get results is through aggressive representation. Whether your injury requires litigation or some other alternative, it is the duty of a
Houston personal injury attorney to collaborate with you and astutely evaluate your issues, goals and financial situation to develop a unique strategy designed specifically for you. Our firm takes a great deal of pride in devising creative, winning litigation strategies and putting them to work on our clients’ behalf.
If you’ve suffered a personal injury we invite you to explore our site further to learn more about how Sutliff & Stout can assist you in achieving justice and the financial retributions you deserve. Call us to schedule a free initial consultation.
Hank Stout handles cases for both plaintiffs and defendants, focusing his practice on business litigation and catastrophic personal injury litigation. He handles commercial matters in a broad array of areas, including contract claims, fiduciary duty matters, and admiralty and maritime claims. Hank has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state courts, federal courts, and before arbitration panels, and he has successfully tried jury and non-jury cases in both state and federal court.
Having worked at large law firms such as Phelps Dunbar and Chamberlain Hardlicka prior to co-founding Sutliff & Stout, PLLC, Hank has developed a unique pro-active, goal oriented approach to litigation that achieves his clients’ objectives in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Business and General Litigation
- Successfully litigated a complex fraud and breach of fiduciary duty case on behalf of “Mattress Mack,” a local Houston businessman, against former horse trainer, Bob Baffert, and bloodstock agents, the McKathan Brothers, as well as other thoroughbred racehorse consignors
- Significant experience handling multi-party, multi-district commercial litigation matters dealing with state sovereign immunity
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Obtained a complete exoneration of liability on behalf of a large gas transport company in a significant collision between an eighteen wheeler and a motor vehicle
- Took over the legal representation of a family whose former legal counsel attempted to settle their case for less than $300,000 and successfully obtained $2,750,000 on behalf of the family against a Fortune 500 Company
- Successfully litigated a wrongful death, medical products liability case on behalf of a widow and her two daughters against an EKG manufacturer
Admiralty and Maritime Litigation
- Successfully defended numerous Jones Act, general maritime law, unseaworthiness and LHWCA claims on behalf of offshore drilling contractors, towboat companies, offshore construction companies and exploration and production companies in both state and federal court
- Successfully defended and resolved numerous Death on the High Seas Act claims on behalf of international offshore drilling contractors
- Successfully pursued and defended claims for defense, indemnity and contribution on behalf of large international corporations
- Successfully litigated cases involving vessels collisions and allisions
Labor and Employment Litigation
- Obtained a complete exoneration of liability on behalf of a Fortune 500 Aerospace and Defense Corporation in a racial and age discrimination case
- Successfully resolved claims of alleged sexual harassment made by an employee against a small business owner
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Education and Professional Background
- South Texas College of Law, J.D.
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A.
- Admitted to practice: Texas; U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas; Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Law Review
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Houston Bar Association
Call : (713) 987-7111