If you or a loved one has been involved in a trucking accident and you are considering hiring a trucking accident lawyer, you may have the following questions:
- Do I need a lawyer to help me with my claim?
- I have never hired a trucking accident lawyer, what can I expect?
- What will this cost me?
- What types of cases does your firm handled?
While each case is unique and every client’s situation is different, below you will find how our firm answers these questions. If you have a question that is not answered below, feel free to email us or give us a call and we would be happy to discuss any questions you may have.
Do I need a lawyer to help me with my claim?
The answer to this question is it depends. The best way to determine whether you need a lawyer is to give us a call so we can discuss with you the specific facts of your case. To assist you in this determination, our Houston trucking accident lawyers are happy to speak free of charge regarding your case.
While each case is unique and you should contact us to discuss the specifics of your case, our lawyers typically tell people that if the only damage you sustained was to your car (i.e. you only have a property damage claim, not a bodily injury claim) then you may not need a Houston trucking accident lawyer to assist you. In these situations, our trucking accident lawyers generally recommend that you try to work it out with the insurance adjustor. If you decide to go it alone, beware of the adjustor. The adjustor is not your friend and is not on your side (no matter how nice he or she may sound). The adjustor’s job is to pay you as little as possible and he or she is not required to tell you about all of your legal rights. Also, do not let the process drag out. If you are only making property damage claim, you should, in most cases, be able to get the matter resolved within a few weeks. Be very careful about letting time pass because each State has time limitations (legally referred to as “statute of limitations”) in which you have to file a lawsuit and if your claim is against a governmental entity the time to file a claim or put the entity on notice is usually very short. For your particular time limitation, you should contact a trucking accident lawyer.
If you have sustained some type of injury during a trucking accident, our lawyers recommend that you consult with an attorney regarding your claim. Along these lines, it is usually better to get a trucking accident lawyer involved early on in the process to help protect your rights and make sure that valuable evidence is preserved.
I have never hired a trucking accident lawyer what can I expect?
We can not speak for other law firms or trucking accident lawyers, but if you hire our Houston trucking accident lawyers you can expect a number of things including:
- We will discuss with you all aspects of what happened, the injuries you sustained, that hardships that you have endured and anything else that you are concerned about.
- We will guarantee that we will not take a fee unless we are able to obtain a recovery in your case.
- Once you have retained our Houston trucking accident lawyers, we will begin work on you case immediately. This includes. but is not limited to, putting various individuals and entities on notice to preserve critical evidence, making sure that your are doing everything necessary to preserve relevant evidence, determining whether a site inspection is necessary, identifying the individuals and entities that are responsible for the accident, and evaluating whether any other claims exist as a result of the accident (e.g. product liability claims).
- If we take your case, our Houston trucking accident lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation and discuss with you the result of such investigation. This investigation typically includes collecting all accident reports, police reports, obtaining witness statements, speaking to the investigation officer and obtaining all relevant medical and billing records.
- We will interact with the insurance company, trucking company or any other responsible party so you can focus on recovering from the accident. Also, we will explain to you all of your legal rights and discuss with you your various options.
- We will help you negotiate with the insurance company to make sure that you receive a fair amount of compensation for the harms and losses you sustained as a result of the trucking accident.
- If the insurance company refuses to be fair with you, we will help you navigate the litigation process. If a lawsuit is necessary, we will be there for you from beginning to end and at each step we will explain the process to you.
To learn more about what our trucking accident lawyers can do for you, feel free to contact us for a free consultation.
What will this cost me?
Because our Houston trucking accident lawyers only accept trucking accident cases on a contingency fee basis, you or your loved one will not have to pay us any fees or expenses unless we are able to obtain a recovery for you. Please note that we welcome the opportunity to discuss with you free of charge your case and how our services work.
Before we take any case, our trucking accident lawyers will discuss with you the facts of your case and whether we are the right firm for you. During this conversation, we will discuss with you, in detail, the terms of our firm’s representation, how the contingency fee agreement works and what you can expect if we are able to obtain a recovery for you. Please note that if you want our Houston trucking accident lawyers to represent you, we must speak with you about your case and obtain a signed contingency fee agreement.
What types of cases has your firm handled?
Our firm has handled numerous cases regarding wrongful death and significant personal injury by truck, including:
- Driver fatigue
- Driver inattention
- Insufficient Driver qualification or training
- Improper and defective trucking equipment
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Improperly secured cargo or improperly loaded cargo
- Rollover accidents
- Tread separations
- Product defects
- Defective trailers
- Unsafe operation
If you or a loved one was the victim of a truck accident, our lawyers would encourage you to contact an experienced and aggressive trucking accident lawyer to discuss your rights. To help you get your questions answered, you can completed our free evaluation from, you can email us or you can call us to discuss your questions and concerns.
Please Call : 713-489-4735