Law offices of Louis Spitters
Call : 408-780-1920
Experienced Attorney Working and Fighting Hard for You
For over 20 years, my practice has represented individual and business clients in litigation matters in San Jose and throughout Northern California.
I established my firm in 1993 after a decade of working for large law firms and in the public sector in order to provide more personalized representation of my clients. I personally handle my clients' matters from beginning to end in a manner responsive to their circumstances. My practice has developed over the ensuing years because of my dedication to my clients, and due to my background and experience which have enabled me effectively and successfully to represent my client's interests. I maintain the highest ethical standards in dealing with my clients, attorneys and the courts.
Effective Litigation for Businesses, Commercial, Employment, Construction, Insurance, Real Estate, and Injury Cases on Behalf of Individuals and Businesses
I focus my practice on litigation matters only, in practice areas that my training, background, experience and affinity for their subject matter enables me to achieve successful results for my clients. The focus of my practice (save for injury cases) centers on relationships formed by contracts. When a contract is broken, the injured party should recover the benefits provided by their contract. I work tirelessly on behalf of my clients to recoup the losses caused by the party who breached their contract.
Business clients retain my firm to address internal business disputes and commercial litigation matters. Employees seek my counsel to handle claims of Wrongful Termination, Constructive Termination, or workplace discrimination or harassment. My clients' construction disputes arise from licensing, contract, payment and workmanship issues. Clients also seek advice on insurance matters where their insurer has denied coverage, has mishandled their claim, or has committed bad faith in addressing claims under auto, home, health or commercial insurance policies. Commercial and residential landlords and tenants retain me to resolve disputes stemming from their lease agreements. Homeowner association members seek my counsel in resolving HOA disputes.
I offer assistance to accident and injury victims because of the rewarding experience of assisting them in recovering from the ordeal of serious accident and injuries. Injured parties engage my firm to seek compensation for severe or catastrophic injuries or wrongful death claims.
Providing You Convenience and a Personalized Approach
The Law Offices of Louis Spitters is conveniently located in downtown San Jose near all the major freeways and public transportation. Initial consultations are free of charge. At that consultation, we will identify your needs and determine the best strategy towards resolving your case. That may happen through a settlement, but all cases are prepared as if they will proceed to trail if the matter cannot otherwise be resolved.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer regarding a business, commercial, employment, construction insurance, real estate or injury, please contact us.
Call : 408-780-1920
Personalized Service and Aggressive Legal Representation
The Law Offices of Louis Spitters, in representing clients in San Jose, California and the surrounding Bay Area, focuses on the following areas of practice:
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer regarding a business, commercial, personal injury, insurance, employment or construction dispute, please contact us.
Call : 408-780-1920
Laurence Louis Spitters Jr.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Discrimination & Wrongful Termination
- Construction Litigation - Contractors
- Construction Litigation - Homeowners
- Insurance Litigation
- Homeowner Association Litigation
- Commercial & Residential Landlord Tennant
- Personal Injury
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1983
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1986
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- Honors: Washington University School of Law Honor Council, 1983
- Law Journal: Journal of Urban & Contemporary Law, Staff Member, 1982 - 1983
- Santa Clara University
Honors and Awards
- Winner, American Planning Association Writing Competition, 1983 - Present
- Special Master, California State Bar Special Master Program, 1992 - Present
- Volunteer Attorney, Pro Bono Project of Santa Clara County, 1994 - Present
- VIP Mentors, 1990 - 2007
- VIP Mentors Advisory Board, 2004 - 2007
- VIP Mentors Volunteer of the Year, 1992 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Member, 1987 - Present
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Board of Trustees, 1993 - 1994
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Board of Trustees, 2005 - 2006
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Barristers Section: Section Member, 1987 - 1993
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Barristers Section Executive Board, 1991 - 1992
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Barristers Section President, 1993 - Present
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Solo & Small Firm Practitioners Section: Section Member, 1999 - Present
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Section Executive Committee, 2000 - Present
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Section Chair, 2001 - 2003
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Modest Means Committee, 1990 - 1993
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Civil Practice Committee, 1994 - 1995
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Modest Means Program, Panel Attorney, 1993 - 2004
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Barristers Section Mentoring Program, Mentor, 1998 - 1999
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Attorney - Client Fee Arbitration Program, Arbitrator, 1991 - 1993
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Call : 408-780-1920