John Michael Taylor has 20 years experience in handling personal injury matters including actions and accidents involving automobiles, motorcycles, pedestrians, bicycles, and defective products as well as malpractice cases.
Mr. Taylor serves as a Judge Pro Tem and Arbitrator for the Superior Court. He was co-chair of the North County Personal Injury Bar in 1988 and 1990. He is a member of the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego and North County Bar Association.
Mr. Taylor has helped many clients receive compensation for their injuries with his dedicated representation, knowledge, and experience. He will personally handle each case and make every attempt possible to maximize recovery.
TAYLOR'S TOP TEN TIPS
(if you get into a car accident)
1. If you're injured, seek medical attention immediately. Go to nearest emergency room if your doctor can't see you right away. Most injuries show up within 72 hours.
2. Contact your own insurance company to report the claim.
3. Do not give a recorded statement to anyone until you first talk to an attorney about your rights in a free consultation.
4. Document all injuries, including obtaining quality photographs, if applicable. Many bruises go away in a few days, so hurry.
5. Document all property damages, including obtaining quality photographs. Don't assume someone will do this for you.
6. If you hire an attorney, the contingency fee isn't always 1/3 - it can be negotiated. (100% of property damages is yours).
7. Choose an experienced attorney whose practice has an emphasis in personal injury/civil litigation not a general practitioners.
8. Communicate and cooperate with your attorney. The sooner you hire an attorney the better off you'll be. Caveat: Not all cases need a lawyer.
9. Don'ts - Don't miss doctor appointments; Don't have gaps in medical treatment; don't switch doctors; don't attorney hop.
10. Call John Michael Taylor for your free consultation.