Nurenberg, Paris, Heller & McCarthy
Call: (216) 621-2300
Nurenberg Paris Aviation Lawyers
For more than 80 years, Nurenberg, Paris, Heller & McCarthy has been a Ohio injury law firm you can count on. We have earned a reputation for success representing victims throughout Ohio and the nation, from taking on high-profile class action cases to helping injured people battle big insurance companies.
Because experience matters, Nurenberg Paris is your Ohio injury law firm.
What We Do
Nurenberg Paris is an Ohio injury law firm with a long history of focusing on plaintiffs' civil litigation in a variety of areas including:
- Aviation Litigation
- Birth Trauma Malpractice
- Class Action Litigation
- Mass Tort Claims
- Product Liability
- Train Disaster
- Trucking Accident
- Wrongful Death Litigation
Throughout the years, other law firms have recommended thousands of clients to us in practice areas where they know our experience is unequaled. Nurenberg Paris has served more than 72,000 clients, and we have litigated or tried every type of serious personal injury and wrongful death case.
Who We Are
At Nurenberg Paris, our clients retain more than a lawyer; they hire a Ohio injury law firm experienced in personal injury law and wrongful death cases that has the size and resources to negotiate or litigate any case.
Our Ohio personal injury lawyers have been successful in obtaining significant verdicts and settlements for our clients in trial courts. In addition, we are very proud of our record in the appellate courts where our dedication has helped to change the law in favor of justice on behalf of injured victims. We have several published cases in the Ohio and U.S. Supreme Courts.
Since the founding of the firm, our members have been active in teaching seminars for practicing attorneys, law schools, and national workshops. Our Ohio injury lawyers lecture on both the practical nature of handling complex litigation as well as the more subtle and difficult aspects of investigating claims, including:
- analyzing insurance policies
- cross-examining witnesses
- handling complex legal matters
- identifying product liabilities
- recognizing design and safety problems
- exposing medical malpractice
- explaining evidence to and convincing juries
- winning cases
Jamie R. Lebovitz is a senior partner with Nurenberg, Paris, Heller & McCarthy. His practice is in the areas of personal injury and wrongful death litigation with a concentration in aviation disasters. He has recovered numerous multi-million dollar settlements and jury verdicts in cases against commercial airlines, aircraft manufacturers, and the federal government.
Jamie R. Lebovitz has 25 years experience as a trial attorney. He is a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ), the Ohio Association of Justice (OAJ), the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys (CATA), and the Ohio State (OSBA), Cleveland, and Cuyahoga County Bar Associations, and the Lawyers-Pilots Bar Association.
Mr. Lebovitz has been appointed by various courts as a member of the Lead Trial Counsel Team and the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee in air crash cases. In this capacity he has coordinated the investigation and preparation of cases for trial on behalf of all claimants and litigants.
In 2007 and 2008, Mr. Lebovitz was designated a member of "Ohio Super Lawyers" by Law & Politics Media, Inc. Attorneys are chosen by their peers, and the independent research of Law & Politics. They represent the top 5% of the attorneys in their state.
Members of the Steering Committee in Mass Disasters include:
- American Airlines/Corporate Airlines Flight 5966 Crash in Kirksville, Missouri
- U.S. Forestry Service Crash in Flathead County, Montana
- Air Evac Life Team Helicopter Crash in Boonville, Indiana
- Singapore Airlines Flight 006 Crash at Taipei, Taiwan
- Burlington Northern Train Collision near Los Angeles, California
- Alaska Air Flight 261 Crash near Los Angeles, California
- EgyptAir Flight 990 Crash near Nantucket, Rhode Island
- Swissair Flight 111 Crash near Halifax, Nova Scotia
- TWA Flight 800 Crash in Long Island, New York
- Comair (Delta Commuter) Flight 3272 Crash near Detroit, Michigan
- City of New Orleans Amtrak Train Crash near Chicago, Illinois
- USAir Flight 1493 Crash at Los Angeles, California
- Valujet Flight 592 Crash near Miami, Florida
- USAir Flight 427 Crash in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- USAir Flight 405 Crash at LaGuardia Airport
- Delta Airlines Flight 7529 Crash near Carrolton, Georgia
- USAir Flight 4743 Crash in Beckley, West Virginia
- United Flight 232 Crash in Sioux City, Iowa
- Delta Airlines Flight 810 Disaster near Los Angeles, California
Jamie R. Lebovitz practices in the following areas of law:
- Auto, Bus, Motorcycle, and Truck Accident Injury
- Aviation Litigation
- Mass Transit and Railroad
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Ohio, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Central Districts of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Utah
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Third Judicial District of Utah
- 2005, District of Columbia
- Numerous jurisdictions pro hac vice. Mr. Lebovitz practices in the areas of catastrophic injury and wrongful death litigation with a concentration in aviation disasters.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, 1982 J.D.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1979 B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Beck v. Alaska Air Group, 2002 U.S. Dist. Lexis 10017 (N.D. Cal., May 24, 2002)
- In re: Air Crash off Point Mugu, 145 Fed. Sup.2d 1156 (N.D. Cal. 2001)
- Dowe v. Amtrak, 2004 U.S. Dist. Lexis 7233 (N.D. Ill., April 26, 2004)
- Dowe v. Amtrak, 2003 U.S. Dist. Lexis 18538 (N.D. Ill., October 21, 2003)
- Garber v. Provident Life & Accident Ins. Co., 22 Employee Benefits CAS (BNA) 1090 (6th Cir. 1999)
- Liability of Homeowners and Private Recreational Operators for Swimming Pool Accidents, Cleveland State University
- Physician Liability for Errors/Omissions in Medical Record Documentation, St. Luke's Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio
- Lecturer, 36th Award Convention, Ohio Association of Justice
- An Overview of Commercial Aviation Litigation, Columbus, Ohio
- Aviation Law and Contracts-Implications of the Warsaw Convention, Columbus, Ohio
Call: (216) 621-2300