Serious injuries create many needs and concerns. While money is very important, it is just once consideration. Injured people often have concerns involving medical treatment, medical bills, income while unable to work, family support, handicapped accessability, and other urgent and important needs. A serious injury can effect not only the individual, but also the family. As a dedicated and caring attorney, I seek to address all of a person's needs while pursuing the maximum possible recovery under the law.
When selecting a personal injury attorney, it is crucial that you make sure that the attorney is prepared and willing to protect all of your rights and not merely file a claim only to get you money for pain and suffering. My office will go the extra mile to protect your rights.
When you consult with our office, we will do the following:
1) Determine your immediate needs, ie income continuation, getting medical treatment, stopping harassing bill collectors, stopping an eviction or foreclosure, obtaining assistance at home, or getting American Disability Act or NJLAD disability accomodations at work.
2) We will educate you as to your legal rights and options.
3) We will create an action plan that best meets your needs.
Frequently, we file additional claims for workers comp, social security disability, PIP, and FDCPA claims. These claims can result in additional monetary recoveries for our clients as well as medical treatement, and other benefits.
My office typically works on a contingent fee basis. This means that we get paid based upon results. We share the same interests as our clients. We only receive money when we recover money for our clients.
The following are examples of the litigation that we do: car and/or motor vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, slip and fall accidents, construction accidents, boat accidents, fatal accidents and wrongful death actions. While our office is located in Middlesex County (Woodbrdige), we also handle many cases in Union County, Somerset County, Monmouth County, Essex County, and Mercer County.
Whether acting as a car accident lawyer, motorcycle accident lawyer, construction accident attorney, boat accident attorney or handling a fatal accident, my law firm is dedicated to protecting the rights and interests of injured clients and families in New Jersey.
Personal injury and wrongful death cases often involve serious injuries such as brain injuries, head injuries, burns, fractures, breaks, dislocations, neck injuries, whiplash, back injures, nerve injuries, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, spinal cord injuries, and paralysis. At the Law Offices of Michael D. Halbfish, Esq., we handle serious injuries and deaths in the following circumstances:
- Motor vehicle accidents, crashes, and collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, semi-trucks, and drunk driving crashes
- Premises liability law and injuries caused by slip / trip and fall accidents, construction site accidents, industrial accidents, lead poisoning, dangerous and defective steps, dangerous and defective sidewalks, falling merchandise in stores, and all third party tort liability claims
- Rollover accidents involving cars, semi-trucks, motorcycles, and sport utility vehicles
- Semi-truck, eighteen wheeler, and tractor trailer accidents, crashes and wrecks
- Workplace and industrial accidents involving burns, electrocution, and falls from ladders, cranes, and scaffolding
- Wrongful death lawsuits filed by the surviving dependents or beneficiaries of the victim killed in a fatal accident
Practice Areas: Personal Injury and injury related litigation. When you are injured I will litigate to make sure that all of your rights are protected. This may include filing a Social Security Disability Claim, Workers Compensation, Fair Debt Collection Act Action (FDCPA), or American Disability Act Claim (ADA). I do what is necessary to fully protect your rights.
Admitted: 1997, New York, New Jersey and U.S District Court, District of New Jersey
Law School: University of Toledo, J.D., 1996
College: University of Delaware, B.S., Consumer Economics, 1991
Biography: The Association of Trial Lawyers of America; The Association of Trial Lawyers of America - New Jersey; National Association of Consumer Advocates; National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives; Halpern-Furman Inn of Court; Justice Coleman Workers Compensation Inn of Court. National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, Appointed member of the NJ State Bar Association Class Action Committee, Appointed member of the NJ State Bar Association Committee for Consumer Protection.
Visit our web site at htt://www.tunneyandhalbfish.com