Petro Cohen Petro Matarazzo
Call : 609-528-5621
New Jersey Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury Attorneys
In litigation, you don’t get a second chance.
Choose carefully when selecting a lawyer to represent you in eitherworkers’ compensation, personal injury, or Social Security disability. The qualifications and credentials of your lawyer can make all the difference between success and failure. Do not gamble with your legal rights.
Who We Are
Petro Cohen Petro Matarazzo is a full service workers’ compensation, personal injury, andSocial Security disability, law firm with more than 150 years of combined experience. The practice is limited to these three areas in order to provide you with the highest quality of legal service available.
Petro Cohen Petro Matarazzo is recognized as one of New Jersey’s leading workers’ compensation and personal injury litigation firms, with our respected attorneys maintaining impeccable credentials.
- Highest firm rating (A/V) from the world’s leading referral service,Martindale-Hubbell, for 11 consecutive years. (A/V rating is reserved for those attorney’s considered preeminent in their field)
- Named 21 Consecutive years by “Best Lawyers in America®” for Workers’ Compensation
- “Best Law Firms in America®” firm ranking in Tier One Atlantic City for Workers’ Compensation for two consecutive years
- Named in every (12) “NJ Super Lawyers®” survey for Workers’ Compensation and 9 for Personal Injury
- Past President of The Justice James H. Coleman, Jr. New Jersey Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court (the leading professional organization for judges and lawyers who practice New Jersey workers’ compensation, with approximately 175 members statewide)
- Trustee and former Treasurer of the American Inns of Court Foundation (the nation’s leading professional organization dedicated to legal excellence, professionalism, ethics and civility)
- Trustee of the New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association
- Past-President of the Atlantic County Bar Association
- Member of New Jersey Supreme Committee on the Unauthorized Practice of Law
Call : 609-528-5621
We Are Here for You
As reputable attorneys with decades of experience, we know how best to address the challenges and frustrations often encountered in litigated matters. Should you ever have a question or a concern, let us know immediately and we will take prompt steps to solve the problem to your satisfaction as quickly as possible. It is our objective to develop a strong professional relationship with you and to continue to be the firm of your choice should you be in need of our services in the future.
Petro Cohen Petro Matarazzo takes great pride in the firm’s reputation. We are grateful to all of our clients who have helped us earn this reputation by supporting us and referring us to their friends, relatives, and co-workers.
To set up a free consultation, contact us at (888) 675-7607.
Call : 609-528-5621
Mr. Petro is a founding partner and heads the workers’ compensation department of the firm. He has limited his practice to handling workers’ compensation cases over the past 35+ years. Mr. Petro is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Workers’ Compensation Law Attorney and has held this certification since its inception in 1998. This is the highest specialty certification available to New Jersey workers’ compensation lawyers.
He has been named in “Best Lawyers in America®” since 1995 and is the only attorney in the Atlantic City metro who has this distinction. Mr. Petro also has been selected to the “New Jersey Super Lawyer®” List for 12 consecutive years, an honor that no more than five percent of the State’s lawyers receive.
He has an “A/V” rating from the world’s leading lawyer referral service, Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Petro has been one of only three Presidents of the leading professional organization for New Jersey workers’ compensation lawyers and judges, The Justice James H. Coleman, Jr. New Jersey Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court, which has a membership of approximately 150 lawyers and judges throughout the State. He was also one of 38 National Trustees for the American Inns of Court Foundation, the nation’s leading professional organization promoting legal excellence, professionalism, ethics, and civility for United States judges and lawyers. In addition, he served from 2008 to 2012 as National Treasurer for the American Inns of Court Foundation.
- Certified by New Jersey Supreme Court as a Workers’ Compensation Law Attorney, since the inception of the New Jersey certification program (1998)
- Past President of The Justice James H. Coleman, Jr. New Jersey Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court, the leading New Jersey workers’ compensation professional organization for judges and lawyers who practice New Jersey workers’ compensation (2002-2006)
- National Trustee for the American Inns of Court Foundation, the nation’s leading professional organization for judges and lawyers dedicated to legal excellence, professionalism, ethics and civility (2004 to date); National Treasurer for the American Inns of Court Foundation (2008 to 2012)
- Fifteen years’ service on the Executive Committee for the Workers’ Compensation Section of the New Jersey Bar Association, including representative of the Judicial Selection Committee for all attorneys seeking to become workers’ compensation judges
- Named in every New Jersey survey by “Best Lawyers in America®” as one of New Jersey’s leading workers’ compensation lawyers (1995 to date); Named in every New Jersey issue of “Super Lawyers®” in the area of workers’ compensation (2005 to date)
- A/V rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the world’s leading referral service; The A/V rating is reserved for less than 19% of lawyers who are considered preeminent in their fields
With offices in Northfield/Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Cape May Court House, and the Hamilton Township/Trenton area, PCPM serves communities throughout Southern New Jersey, including Atlantic,Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean, and Salem counties. Contact Mr. Petro at (888) 675-7607. Join Frank on Google+
Call : 609-528-5621
Mr. Cohen is a founding partner and heads the personal injury department of the firm. For more than 30 years, his practice has been civil litigation, specializing in personal injury, maritime, product liability, professional negligence, and construction accident claims. Mr. Cohen is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney, which is the highest specialty certification available to NJ civil trial attorneys.
Barry graduated Phi Beta Kappa and Summa Cum Laude from Rutgers University and was a member of the law review of the Catholic University of America – Columbus School of Law.
- Named in the New Jersey issue of “Super Lawyers®” in the area of personal injury for nine years
- Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney, 2001 to present
- New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association, 1990 to present, member of Board of Trustees, 1995 to present
- New Jersey American Association of Justice (formerly known as New Jersey Trial Lawyers Association), State Board of Trustees, Member 1995 to present
- Atlantic County Bar Association Judicial Appointments Committee, Member, 2008-2010
- Atlantic County and Cape May County Civil Trial Arbitrator, 1995 to present
- Vincent S. Haneman America Inn of Court, Atlantic Chapter, Master, 1997 to present
- Appointed by Governor Whitman as member of New Jersey – Israel Trade Commission, 1996
- Board member of the National Jewish Community Relations Advisory Council, 1989-2000
- National Co-chair Women’s Task Force, 1989-1990
- New Jersey Trial Association Annual Boardwalk Seminar – Lecturer, 1998
- National Co-chair, Immigration Task Force, 1990-1991
- National Co-chair Committee on Energy and the Environment, 1993-1996
- Recipient of numerous service awards including Outstanding Service to the Community and Bar – Atlantic County Bar Association, Young Leadership Award – Federation of Jewish Agencies of Atlantic County, Humanitarian Award for Outstanding Community Service – National Conference of Christians and Jews, and Volunteer of the Year Award – Volunteer Center of Atlantic County
For more information on personal injury or to set up a free consultation in Central and Southern New Jersey, contact Mr. Cohen at (888) 675-7607. You can also find Barry Cohen on Google+.
Call : 609-528-5621