At the Columbia Missouri firm of Lear Werts LLP, our Columbia lawyers offer clients a unique level of representation. We concentrate on serious personal injury, employment, and workers' compensation cases. Our robust federal courts practice includes unpaid overtime cases under the Fair Labor Standards Act as well as various other claims premised on federal statutes and regulations.
What Lear Werts LLP can do for you
At Lear Werts, in Columbia, Missouri, our injury attorneys are committed to helping every client get fair compensation for his or her loss and to helping with the many issues that accompany a serious injury or fatality.
If you have been injured because of the negligent or intentional act of another, you should discuss your situation with Lear Werts before accepting an insurance company's settlement offer. While you need fair compensation to take care of yourself and your family, you also need time to heal, and not rush into talking with an insurance adjuster about policies and liabilities. At your initial free consultation, we will explain your legal options and suggest a course of action. We can handle most injury cases, including the following:
- Car crashes: The attorneys at Lear Werts investigate all sources of compensation for clients who have been injured in auto and other vehicle accidents.
- Tractor-trailer crashes: We understand the unique issues of tractor-trailer accidents, including the importance of federal trucking regulations and accident reconstruction, and make sure your rights are protected.
- Motorcycle crashes: We understand the extent of injuries and special circumstances of motorcycle accidents, and work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Slip and falls: When failure to properly maintain premises results in injury, we know how to collect the evidence you need to receive fair compensation.
- Workers’ compensation: We analyze the circumstances of your workplace injury to identify if you are entitled to third-party claims in addition to worker's compensation.
- Traumatic brain injury: Severe brain injuries often result in long-term or even permanent disability. We make sure your needs are compensated as long as needed, and we make sure your family's needs are compensated as well.
- Spinal injuries: When you are disabled permanently or for an extended period due to an injury of the spine, we work to win compensation that will take care of your medical injury as well as the future needs of yourself and your family.
- Dangerous roadways: When improperly maintained roads result in an accident and possible injury, we know how to find out who is liable and work to obtain compensation for your losses.
At Lear Werts LLP, in Columbia, Missouri, employee rights lawyers represent workers who have been discriminated against, harassed, wrongfully terminated, or denied employment in violation of state or federal civil rights laws. The firm's attorneys can also handle Jones Act claims for employees (including deck hands and crew members) injured on barges or other ships, as well as Federal Employer's Liability Act (FELA) claims and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) claims.
If you feel you have been treated unfairly or are having trouble collecting compensation you deserve, please contact the firm and make arrangements for a free consultation with an employee rights lawyer.
Employment discrimination cases, which Lear Werts LLP is prepared to handle, involve violations of Title VII, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the Missouri Human Rights Act where a worker is subjected to:
- Illegal discrimination
- Denied medical leave
- Terminated for taking protected FMLA leave
The attorneys at Lear Werts LLP handle harassment cases including sexual harassment, religious harassment, and all other types of harassment. For more information regarding sexual harassment, please review our site's Sexual Harassment Information
Additionally, the firm's attorneys handle claims involving wrongful or retaliatory discharge on the basis of gender, age, race, disability, religious beliefs, filing a Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claim or workers' compensation claim, and reporting illegal conduct or cooperating with a government investigation (Qui Tam).
Contact an Experienced Columbia Missouri Employee Lawyer if you believe you have been discriminated against, harassed, wrongfully denied employment, passed up for promotion, or wrongfully discharged, and would like to speak with one of the firm's Missouri employee rights lawyers, contact Lear Werts LLP to arrange for a complimentary consultation about your situation.
At Lear Werts LLP, in Columbia, Missouri, employee rights lawyers provide legal services to clients throughout the state, focusing on cases handled in mid-Missouri (central Missouri) and the Columbia area including cities of Jefferson City, Fayette, Booneville, Fulton, and Huntsville, and communities throughout Boone County and Cole, Howard, Cooper, Chariton, Linn, Adair, Macon, Shelby, Randolph, Saline, Pettis, Morgan, Moniteau, Benton, Saint Clair, Cedar, Hickory, Camden, Laclede, Miller, Osage, Callaway, and Montgomery counties.
Todd C. Werts has practiced in the area of workers' compensation throughout his career, helping clients receive disability benefits when their workplace injury kept them off the job.
Lear Werts LLP is a Columbia Missouri law firm and serves clients throughout the State of Missouri, including the University of Missouri and Randolph, Cooper, Callaway and Audrain counties. workers' compensation lawyers Brad Lear and Todd Werts also practice in the areas of personal injury, commercial litigation, securities litigation and employment law.
Our work comp lawyers have successfully represented hard-to-prove disabilities and cases that involve highly technical, complicated medical issues. They work to secure all benefits owed to their clients in all types of workers compensation (also called Workman's Compensation cases, including:
- Medical Expenses for an on-the-job injury. The employer must authorize treatment for work-related injuries, and Lear Werts can assist if the employer refuses.
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD). The worker is owed weekly benefits equal to 2/3 of their wages until they can return to work.
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD). When the employee has lost the use of a limb, suffered a permanent loss in range of motion, or can no longer perform certain physical tasks since the injury. Once maximum medical improvement (MMI) has been reached and the injury appears permanent, the worker is eligible for PPD benefits.
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD). When the injury is so severe that the worker will not ever be able to return to work, the worker is owed weekly benefits until his death.
- Death Benefits. If the work injury is fatal, or work-related factors cause the death of the employee, surviving spouses or dependents receive workers' compensation death benefits. Many employers are reluctant to approve workers' compensation benefits.
They may accuse the worker of faking the disability, or harass the worker for filing a claim. Lear Werts will protect your rights and aggressively challenge any wrongful denial of your claim. They will actively investigate to get fair compensation for your workplace injury, disability, disfigurement or death of a loved one.
Free Initial Consultation: If you have been injured in an accident or workplace incident, or if your business needs a commercial litigation attorney, Lear Werts is a responsive, respected and attentive team. Contact them today for a free initial consultation.
Lear Werts LLP handles personal injury, workers' compensation, and commercial litigation cases for clients in Columbia, Missouri and the Mid-Missouri area, including Fulton, Moberly, and Mexico and Boone, Cooper, Callaway, Randolph, and Audrain counties.