|ABOUT THIS SITE
This site is maintained by attorney Maury D. Beaulier, a Minnesota lawyer. Please review our disclaimer at the bottom of this page before proceeding. We have networked with attorneys and lawyers throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin ready to assist you in areas of law that include:
Our aggressive attorneys seek soulutions that are right for you and your family. As dedicated professionals, we have handled thousands of matters from car accidents, to dog bites to medical malpractice issues. FREE CONSULTATIONS
|Maury Beaulier |
Maury D. Beaulier, Esq., is a partner in a 25 attorney law firm located in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. He was raised in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Prior to his legal career, he worked as an intern for Congressman Les Aspin, head of the Armed Service Committee of Congress and later appointed as the United State's Secretary of Defense. Mr. Beaulier's primary area of practice is criminal defense. He is recognized as a leader in complex criminal cases.
In his criminal defense practice, Mr. Beaulier has worked on several high profile homicide cases, successfully seeking the early release of an inmate convicted of murder. Mr. Beaulier work in the area of post conviction relief was highlighted in an investigative story broadcast on Channel 5, KSTP-TV regarding the innocence of a man convicted of murder.
As a litigator, Maury has broken new ground representing farmers in contract disputes related to the transmission of disease (Johne's disease) in bovine herds. These cases have resulted in large judgments that have helped to save several family farms.
Over the past ten years, Mr. Beaulier has developed a large and active family law practice dedicated to providing each family law client with detailed information about every element of their case. Mr. Beaulier has been described by his clients as "skilled", "aggressive" and "dedicated" to resolving complex and emotionally charged disputes. Mr. Beaulier continues his involvement in complex family law issues, including divorce cases with complex estates and business interests, tribal court issues and appeals.
As a business attorney, Maury is actively involved with businesses engaged in electronic commerce over the internet. A former co-instructor of a college level course, "Business and the Legal Environment", he serves on multiple Boards of Directors and as legal advisor for incubator groups interested in developing their own internet presence. Maury Beaulier is a sought after speaker and has appeared on the CBS program "Eye on America" with Dan Rather and on the "Rutherford Show" in Calgary, Canada. Maury Beaulier also appears in the International Who's Who of Professionals (1996), Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine (February, 1999) and featured in Lawyers Weekly USA (March, 2000).
FIRM AREAS OF PRACTICE
The firm has lawyers with the following areas of specialization
- Business Issues (e-commerce, computer law, shareholder disputes, business formation, acquisitions and mergers, contracts, litigation, non-compete issues);
- Construction Issues (planning, mechanic's liens, contracts, sub-contractor agreements, liability claims including mold and water intrusion);
- Criminal Defense (felonies and misdemeanors and both the state and federal levels including: DWI, theft, homicide, drug crimes, criminal sexual conduct, robbery, embezzlement);
- Debt Collection (commercial debt collection for retail business, catalogs, e-bay sales and individuals, including large and small claims and litigation);
- Estate Planning, Succession Planning (wills, trusts, charitable trusts, prenuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements and succession planning for business).
- Family Law & Divorce (complete representation in Minnesota, Wisconsin and tribal courts for collaborative law, divorce, child custody and placement, child support, complex business and property division issues, paternity, adoption, restraining orders and termination of parental rights issues);
- Juvenile Law (juvenile crimes, delinquency, child protection issues, foster care);
- Real Estate Law (representation of buyers, sellers, residential and commercial real estate developers, formation and governance of townhome and condominium associations, easements, zoning, land use and partition actions).
- Insurance Defense (subrogation, bad faith claims, liability);
OUR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
- American Bar Association;
- Hennepin County Bar Association;
- MN. State Bar Association;
- WI. State Bar Association;
- United States District Court, Western Wisconsin;
- United States District Court, Minnesota;
- Ramsey County Bar Association;
- Bloomington Chamber of Commerce;
- Volunteers - Hennepin County Law Access Project;
- Volunteers - Ramsey County Legal Clinic;
- Hennepin County Misdemeanor Defense Panel;
- American Immigration Lawyers Association;
- Collaborative Law Institute Member;
Court of Appeals
- Berres Farms v. Anderson, 561 N.W. 2d 919 (Minn.App. 1998)- Representation of dairy farmer in veterinary malpractice and breach of contract claims;
- Hartmann Chiropractic et al. v. Northern Services, Inc., 1996 W.L. 438810 (Minn.App. 1996)- Representation of doctors in breach of contract claims against medical care provider.
- Bertram, et al. v. Poole, et al., 597 N.W.2d 309 (Minn.App. 1999) - Representation of Doctor against claims of sexual abuse based on repressed memory;
- In Re the Matter of: Robert Gilmore SWAN,1998 WL 217190 (Minn.App.)- Representation challenges committment as a psychopathic personality (SPP) and a sexually dangerous person.
- Kozel v. Kozel, 2005 WL 1217339, (Minn.App., May 24, 2005)- Representation of Mother who prevailed in challenging the trial court's imputation of her income after she lost her job as part of a coprorate restructuring and subsequently decided to return to school to change careers.
- Smith v. Smith, N.W.2d, 2005 WL 1153775, (Minn.App., May 17, 2005)- Representation of husband after the trial court defaulted him for failures to provide discovery and awarded his spouse with a disproportionate share of the marital estate.
- Simmer v. Simmer, N.W.2d, 2004 WL 1662215, (Minn.App., Jul 27, 2004)- Representation of Mother who prevailed in defending against father's assertion that the trial court's change of the parenting schedule and interpretation of the custody provisions of the divorce decree amounted to a de-facto change in custody.
- Arneson v. Arneson, N.W.2d, 2003 WL 22787343 (
Minn.App.)- Representation of husband in challenging the valuation of a business adopted by the trial court as part of its property division.
- Gerads v. Gerads, N.W.2d, 2003 WL 178801(
Minn.App.,2003)- Successful representation of wife in challenging the trial court's issuance of an Order for Protection.
- Young v. Liu, N.W. 2d, 2001 WL 1568600, (Minn.App., Dec 11, 2001)- Representation of spouse in seeking a review of courts order denying spousal support.
- In Re the Application of Salah, 629 N.W.2d 99, (Minn.App., Jun 12, 2001)- Successful representation of mother in defeating a Petition by the father to return the child to a foreign country under the Hague Convention.
- Robinson v. Robinson, N.W.2d, 2001 WL 214198, (Minn.App., Mar 06, 2001)- Successful representation of husband in challenging the district court's determination of the parties' nonmarital interests in various accounts, the valuation of business interests and an inequitable award with regard to marital accounts.
- Olupo v. Olupo, 1999 WL 451750 (Minn.App.)- Representation of father who prevailed in obtaining custody of his children despite a Guardian Ad Litem's report favoring mother.
- Kober v. Kober,1998 WL 727382 (Minn.App.) - Spousal Maintenance claims.
- Martin v. Martin,1996 WL 679711, (Minn.App.)- Divorce, property and Child Support Claims.
Meeting locations in Roseville & Eden Prairie
Referrals Statewide in Minnesota and WIsconsin
10400 Viking Drive, Ste 500
Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344
* Weekend and evening appointments
* Spanish speaking services