Maryland Personal Injury Lawyers
For over 50 years, Ain & Stein, LLC have been handling complex litigation matters on behalf of their clients. Through experience and education, they are able to expertly evaluate medical injuries and pursue personal injury claims on behalf of injured plaintiffs. Michael M. Ain and Ain & Stein, LLC provide advanced legal services for any type of serious injury. He has represented clients on all personal injury and medical malpractice matters at the highest levels. Much of his tort litigation has consisted of injuries such as traumatic brain injury, auto accidents, dangerous products, medical malpractice, drug interactions, unsafe premises, and slip and fall accidents.
Personal injury law is also known as tort law. A tort is described as "a civil wrong or wrongful act, whether intentional or accidental, from which injury occurs to another. Torts include all negligence cases as well as intentional wrongs which result in harm." Torts fall under three categories:
- Intentional torts - purposely inflicting injury.
- Negligent torts - causing an accident which results in injury.
- Strict liability torts - manufacturing, marketing or selling defective products that result in injury.
The most common grounds for a civil lawsuit involve negligence. These include motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian accidents, dangerous products, medical malpractice, and premises liability (slip and fall) accidents. When an accident occurs due to negligence, the injured party may file a claim against the negligent party to recover all their damages. Damages generally include current and future medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, current and future loss of income, loss of enjoyment and in certain cases, punitive damages.
In order to prove negligence, you must support your claim with the following three facts:
- Negligence - The other party was negligent.
- Causation - Their negligence caused the accident.
- Damages - You suffered damages as a result of the accident.
Ain & Stein, LLC provides sophisticated and innovative legal services for almost any type of injury. We not only handle claims for plaintiffs with obvious injuries, but also pursue the more challenging and less obvious injuries such as a traumatic brain injury. Michael Ain and Ain & Stein, LLC consult with numerous professionals who are available to testify in cases requiring expert testimony. Ain & Stein, LLC has worked with experts in many areas, including the following:
- Premises liability
- Accident reconstruction
- Biomechanical, civil, mechanical and electrical engineering
- Medical and healthcare law including the following specialties
- Surgery: orthopedic, thoracic, oral, spinal, obstetric, neurological, urologic
- Nursing care
- Dental Care
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Infectious disease
- Analysis of altered documents
- Human factors
- Elevators, escalators, automobiles and other mechanical devices
- Insurance law including failure to pay required and contracted for benefits
- Damage analysis:
- Life care planning
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Care of the seriously injured and disabled
While proving a physical, emotional, or cognitive injury can be difficult, our skilled and well-informed staff are able to undertake complicated cases and prevail, convincing skeptics of the merits of a claim via convincing, dependable evidence, objective test findings, and expert testimony. Time and time again our firm is committed to upholding our client's rights and has demonstrated our ability to thrive in the most challenging personal injury cases.
Profile of Michael M. Ain:
Michael M. Ain was admitted to the Maryland bar in 1975, and the District of Columbia bar in 1976. He has been married for 31 years and has two children, one graduated Princeton University and received a masters in Mathematics from the University of Michigan and the other at the University of Michigan.
Education: State University of New York at Buffalo (B. A., Political Science, 1971); George Washington University (J. D. with honors, 1975).