Glusing & Muher, LLC
 Main Page    Glusing & Muher, LLC 
Counties served:
Visit Law Firm Website
Glusing & Muher, LLC
Frank Muher

9407 Harford Road
Baltimore MD 21234
(410) 861-0904

 Send Email
  Visit Website

Glusing & Muher, LLC

Please Call : 410-861-0904

Franklin J. Muher

Franklin J. Muher was born and raised in Baltimore.  After graduating from Bucknell University, he attended the Syracuse University College of Law where he served as Associate Editor of the Syracuse Journal of Legislation and Policy.

During law school, Frank was hired by The Honorable Robert M. Bell, who currently sits as the the highest ranking judge for the State of Maryland. In addition, he worked as a summer associate for the United States’ Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland and was also selected, on the basis of GPA and writing sample, as the sole third-year law student judicial extern for The Honorable Howard Munson of the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York.

Upon graduating from Syracuse in 1994, Frank was admitted to Georgetown University Law School, where he studied for an L.L.M. in Securities Regulation.

While going to Georgetown at night, Frank worked during the day as a judicial clerk for The Honorable Robert H. Heller, Jr. for the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County.

Upon the conclusion of his clerkship in 1995, Frank was hired by the Law Offices of J. Owen Bracken, Jr., in downtown Baltimore where he was an attorney for Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. During his four years there, he defended hundreds of corporations and individuals in workers’ compensation and automobile accident cases in bench and jury trials throughout the State of Maryland, before the Workers’ Compensation Commission and the appellate courts.

In 1999, Frank left defense work to enter into a private plaintiff’s practice with Edward J. Glusing, Jr., who had practiced both plaintiff and defense work for over 25 years. Frank now exclusively represents those injured through the negligence of others.

Frank Muher has lectured at seminars for the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Maryland Association for Justice and spoken at various schools throughout the Baltimore area.

He is admitted to practice in the State and Federal Courts throughout Maryland. He is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and the Automobile Negligence and the Workers’ Compensation Sections of the Maryland Association for Justice.

Linda Ann Stalman

Linda Ann Stalman brings with her over 30 years of combined experience in the personal injury, Workers’ Compensation, domestic and criminal law arenas. During these years, she has developed a rapport and close working relationship with many attorneys and numerous insurance company adjustors, thereby affording our clients the best service possible.

Dawn Debaugh

She brings many years of legal experience to our team and assists with all aspects of trial work, including medical preparation and responding to discovery requests.


Work Related Injuries

Having worked as an attorney for an insurance company, I am keenly aware of the tricks played on unsuspecting injured workers in order to deny or reduce an insurance company’s obligation.  Workers’ Compensation laws are very complicated.  The insurance adjusters and their attorneys know and use these laws to their benefit, not yours.

Consulting a lawyer for a work injury is free, and it is your right as an injured worker.  The law prevents workers’ compensation lawyers from charging you a fee, unless and until you actually receive benefits.  The sooner you get legal advice, the better the attorney is able to help you.

What should I do when I am injured on the job?  Am I covered by workers’ compensation?

There are two situations in Maryland that will permit you receive workers’ compensation benefits.  The first occurs when you are injured in an accident on the job. The law has recently changed and now Maryland, like most other states, will cover injuries even if they occur in the normal course of your duties.
The second situation that will permit you to receive benefits is in the case of an “occupational disease.”  An occupational disease occurs over a period time, and is a result of conditions inherent in the job itself.

What should I do to make sure I receive any and all benefits I am entitled to?

The first thing you must do if you think you have an injury is to promptly report it to your employer.  Make sure you write down when you reported your injury and who you reported it to.  Your workers’ compensation benefits may be denied if you neglect this step.

When you are injured on the job, you are not automatically assured of receiving workers’ compensation benefits.  You are required to show proof of the accidental injury, medical documentation, and have given prompt notice before you can receive benefits.

In addition, tape-recorded or written statements may be very harmful and keep you from getting any benefits.  Be very careful about what you say concerning your injury.  These are areas where a lawyer will help to protect your right to benefits.

You have a limit of two years (the Statute of Limitations) to file most claims.  This time begins to run the day you are injured.  If you wait too long, it is much harder, and may even be impossible to receive any benefits.  Once your claim is filed, it is up to the employer and their insurer to either pay your benefits or contest your claim.

See a doctor and get treatment for your injury, as soon as possible after the incident.  You may see any doctor you like.  The choice is yours, not your employer’s.  Your doctor will prescribe a treatment plan to get you better.  Make sure you follow all of your doctor’s instructions carefully.  Failure to do so can result in the insurance company terminating all of your benefits.

Be careful.  Insurance companies have doctors who they call “independent.”  Many of these physicians make hundreds of thousands of dollars per year from referrals from the insurance companies because they tell the insurance companies what they want to hear:  that you are either not hurt at all, not hurt as much as your own physicians believe, do not need medical treatment, and so forth.

What kinds of workers’ compensation benefits are there?

There are four common types of workers’ compensation benefits:

  1. Temporary Disability Benefits- You should be eligible for these benefits during the time you are injured and unable to work, while you are healing, and until you are well enough to return to work.  These benefits may be total or partial.   If you are totally disabled for this time, the amount of your benefit is two-thirds of your average weekly wages.  If you are partially disabled during this time, the amount of your benefit is equal to half the difference between your average weekly wage before and after the injury.  Both of these benefits have a maximum amount allowed by law.
  2. Permanent Disability Benefits- If your injury causes some sort of permanent impairment, you are entitled to compensation for it.  This may be a partial or a total impairment.  If you are totally impaired as a result of your injury, you are paid two-thirds of your average weekly wage.  This amount may be increased by a cost of living adjustment, is available indefinitely, and also has a maximum amount allowed by law.  The amount you may receive for a permanent partial disability will depend on several factors.  Your permanent partial disability benefit is based on a percentage of disability assigned to the part(s) of your body affected.  These benefits are paid weekly at a rate established by law.
  3. Medical Treatment Expenses- Your employer and their insurer are responsible for paying any and all of your expenses incurred in treating your work injury.  This includes any prescription medication, travel and parking expenses, mileage, and any medical equipment required.  Make sure you get and save all of these receipts.  You will not be reimbursed if you do not have a receipt.
  4. Vocational Rehabilitation - This is a service that your employer and their insurer must provide if you are injured to the point that you cannot return to your former employment.  You will be assigned a vocational counselor, who will look at your age, education, work experience, and your injury and limitations, and will work with you to assist in returning to the workforce.  The counselor and their services should be designed to make sure that will earn the best possible salary in your new profession.

What about long-term benefits, or if my injury gets worse later?

If your injury gets worse later, you may be entitled to have your case re-opened for additional lost wages or an additional disability award.  Two things must be true for this to happen.  First, your condition must have deteriorated since the last time you received benefits.  Second, and most importantly, you must file a request with the Workers’ Compensation Commission.  This must be done within five years of the last payment of compensation (not medical care) and must be accompanied by medical documentation of the worsening of your condition.  Even if your condition does not get worse, you are entitled to receive the necessary care you need to treat the original injury, for the rest of your life.

Please Call : 410-861-0904

Glusing & Muher, LLC

Main Page  Glusing & Muher, LLC

Cities served:
Select a city
Personal Injury Lawyers Brain Injuries Spinal Cord Injuries
Quadriplegia and Paraplegia Back Injuries Ruptured & Herniated Disks
Bulging Disk Neck Injuries Dog Bites
Toxic Mold Product Liability Fire Accidents
Trucking Accidents Boating Accidents Car Accidents
Plane Crashes Medical Malpractice Motorcycle Accidents
Wrongful Death Personal Injury Lawsuits Testimonial
 RSS Feeds  |  Articles  |  Jobs  |  Leads
SiteMap | Attorney Registration | PI Case Laws
| Personal Injury Lawyers Directory | Success Stories | Press Releases
Copyright © 2005. “National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (NAPIL)”. All rights reserved.
By using the system, you agree to TERMS OF SERVICE